20041102

Counting Down.....

It's the day before I fly to New York, more importantly it's the day of the US election - so fingers crossed for John Kerry - although I feel the worst is about to happen....

Anyway, after a strong six weeks of 30-40 miles a week, a dodgy right knee, having physio, getting some othotics for my feet, grazing my knee on astroturf last week!, having some massages, I'm as ready as I ever will be.

I'm nervous about training this week but will do a couple of 4 mile runs.

I will be running from about 3.10pm (GMT) on Sunday 7th (10.10am in the states). Apparently you should be able to follow my journey on the
NY marathon website.

this is my entry details
Chris ward
green start
race number 38699
(entry 83218)

please send me a txt if you can anytime after 5pm on Sunday - i know I'll need your support and the phone will be safely packed in my back pocket.

Here we go.......